When someone dies, there are lots of decisions and arrangements that will need to be made, which is often at a time of personal distress. It is a difficult time and can leave people feeling confused and unsure where to turn.
Our experience has shown that people deal with this process in different ways. Some people are unable to properly grieve for their loved one until the estate is finalised whilst others often panic and don’t know where to start. It is also not uncommon for people to feel overwhelmed by all the paperwork.
Whether the person who has died has made a Will or not, and whether you have been through the process before, you may need some advice, assistance and support from a professional.
So, let us help you by:
- Interpreting the Will of the deceased in terms of estate laws
- Advising executors and trustees in regard to their duties and rights
- Informing government bodies
- Applying for Probate of the Will
- Dealing with intestacy (where there is no Will)
- Applying for administration rights if the Will is deemed invalid or is absent
- Identifying estate assets and liabilities
- Obtaining valuations of estate property
- Collecting estate financial assets including superannuation, bank funds, shares, outstanding loans, and insurance payouts
- Selling or transferring estate property including estate auctions
- Paying estate debts including mortgages, funeral costs, and testamentary expenses
- Advising in regard to family and testamentary trusts
- Administering trust funds
- Distributing bequests and inheritances to beneficiaries
- Organising information for estate tax returns
We can help make the process relatively straightforward and quick. We understand that dealing with a person’s financial affairs can be daunting and time consuming, leaving it difficult to focus. As specialists we can offer a variety of services from checking over your documents to dealing with the whole estate on your behalf. We specialise in dealing with obtaining the grant of probate or letters or administration as well as administering the estate. We have years of experience in dealing with the bereaved and estates, and know that we can give you the advice and support in a caring and understanding way. More importantly we show great empathy to anyone needing our help. Contact us today.
Free initial consultation!